This Full Moon brings forth Illumination into our deepest and closely held fears of the Ego-self. Here the full Unconscious Light of the Sun shines upon that which you have been hiding away in the dark, perhaps for eons. Scorpio brings forth the skills of research and investigation (Inner depths), with strong passionate emotions/fears and the need for privacy, space and peace and quiet. As a water sign, deep emotions and insights via intuition and signs gleaned from around you bring keys that help to unlock those deeply hidden fears. There can be AHA moments and leaps of faith to DO some action that goes against your usual inner grain.
YOD #1: Pointing to the Moon (our Emotional Body) in fixed water Scorpio are Venus (our Desire Body) sitting in mutable air Gemini and Mercury (our Mental Body) sitting in cardinal fire Aries:
- Our Emotional Body has been filled with deeply-held fears, hiding our truest expression of passion and even to find our true passion.
- Our Desire Body wants to push through these fears, no matter how daunting this action seems to be, and
- Needs the assistance of our Mental Body - where the Ego-self can sit in judgement, restriction and illusion, and yes, FEAR! - to mentally allow these desires to be freed from the ice they've been frozen Within for how long now? Do you have the courage to change your mind (Mental Body) in order to allow that which you desire for your life and yourself to work together?
- Venus in Gemini is the networking guru, collecting data and sharing it along the way - like a fairy or Merlin using his wand to shower us with knowledge gained through others.
- Mercury in Aries (which we've lived with since March 6th just before the Mercury pre-Retrograde Shadow timing began) brings forth the need for IMMEDIATE ACTION NOW (!) do you feel the impatience? To create instinctual change like a Warrior, Explorer and/or Pioneer within your life, mentally! Clearing away the chains of fear that have bound you mentally from tackling whatever project or problem or quest that has sat before you that seemed so daunting, until now...how many times, since March, have you CHANGED YOUR MIND about a decision you thought you'd already made? Vacillating back and forth and back and forth wondering if you'd ever get through ALL the mental fears and anguish to create something NEW? Within Your Life? Could be you were hiding Within your Darkness all this time, unconscious of this process acting itself out. Are you conscious about it now?
YOD #2: Points to Venus (our Desire Body) in mutable air Gemini, from the Moon (our Emotional Body) in fixed water Scorpio and Saturn Rx (earthly structures/restrictions/constrictions) in cardinal earth Capricorn:
- Here, our Desire Body is chock-full of ideas, thoughts and the need to discuss it all! Share it all! Who can we go to? Perhaps it is also about needing to LEARN something new? Like a HUGE whiteboard - we need to put it all down, map it all out somehow to 'see' our next steps forward within the Desires of what we want for this life, at this time and space.
- Our Emotional Body can be holding us back, literally and figuratively, due to extreme emotional fear of meeting up with our truest passion! What's been holding you back? What's been frozen in Time for you? Scorpio is the ice version of water in Astrology.
- Current structures/goals/plans you've put in place within your life could also be getting in the way. Is it time to remove them, perhaps tear them down a few feet/yards or completely? Like ripping off that band-aid - all at once or slowly over Time. Saturn IS Father Time - it took Time to build up those walls that have hidden us from seeing out (and from being seen, from without!).
- Saturn Rx (retrograde) at the moment, brings forth INNER directed energy, personalizing it, sensitizing it, and wherever Saturn resides, so too does a major fear: Failure. Within Capricorn (the sign Saturn rules by the way) there could be some aspect of the following, for all of us (according to Liz Greene, in her book, Saturn: A New Look at an Old Devil):
"We have chosen to place the birth date of Jesus under Capricorn, the densest of the earth signs and the most ambitious in the worldly sense, although there is no historical evidence that this birth date is appropriate. We have also chosen to place the birth date of Mary at precisely 15 degrees of Virgo, that most mundane and critical of signs. We also celebrate the birth date of the Buddha under Taurus, that slowest and most inflexible of signs. The entire esoteric concept of initiation is connected with Capricorn specifically and the earth signs in general because the initiate has not earned his/her initiation until he/she is able to apply the higher consciousness he/she has discovered to the body and the environment in which he/she functions as a personality. Only when the physical world is made a fitting garment or symbol of the inner spirit is his/her task complete. The mysteries of the duality of spirit and matter have occupied the thoughts of occultists and mystics throughout the ages, and alchemy and astrology in the form we know them were both outgrowths of this attempt to understand spirit in terms of matter through the law of correspondences. The various myths and motifs which are connected with the symbol of Saturn, from Pan through Satan and Lucifer to the prima materia or "Mercurius Senex" of the alchemists, from the serpent in the Garden of Eden to the Hermit of the Tarot deck, should be sufficient to indicate that there is more to earth than meets the eye. And finally we must consider that we exist on the earth intricately connected through the "etheric" or energy field around us to every other kingdom of nature. There is much that we do not understand about the nature of matter. It may be that when we are told in esoteric literature that earth is the final test of initiation for man/woman, there is also an equally valid rational or scientific law which describes the same truth - but we do not possess it yet.
Saturn in the earthy signs pertains, on the surface, to those problems and limitations which affect an individual through his/her bodily comfort, his/her ability to support and sustain him/herself, his/her capacity to find meaningful work which allows him/her a share in the ordering of his/her environment, and his/her ability to achieve responsibility or authority in those areas where he/she has shown competence and skill. This is the simplest interpretation of Saturn in earth, and it will generally be found that this interpretation is valid. It is unfortunate that we are given in the Old Testament the inference that man/woman was driven in labour as a result of original sin for we no longer believe that work can be a creative act. Even God, according to the same document, worked for six days to create the world. There is a basic need in each man/woman to feel him/herself useful, and this is connected with what is called "group consciousness" - the sensing of a unity which implies individual responsibility and the need for a contribution, according to ability, to the whole. This group consciousness has nothing to do with enforced contribution or with mass consciousness where the individual has no meaning in him/herself. There is also a basic need in man/woman to know that he/she has earned through his/her labours something permanent which is his/her unique accomplishment or possession. By it he/she establishes a sense of his/her worth to the group. This "something permanent" may be actual material reward. It may also be more abstruse: standards, values, talent, honour, service. Commerce and trade are as valid a form of communication between people as the written and spoken word, and money, as well as being a symbol of emotional independence, may also be a symbol of individual worth and of skills and services which are offered to others. Consequently, when we look to mythology, we find that Mercury, among his many rulerships, was the god of merchants as well as being the divine messenger, and presided in his inimitably suave fashion over the business deal.
It is possible that Saturn in one of the earthy signs offers an opportunity to learn about the deeper meaning of this element since the solution to the frustrations which he/she symbolizes when placed in earth rarely comes about through the applications of earthy tools. It would appear that the other three elements [air, fire and water] must be understood and integrated to form a tool effective enough to influence the apparent dead weight of earth and alleviate the pain of thwarted instinct."
- We bring forth the element of frozen water with the densest earth to work together while letting go of old patterns of conditioning to unfreeze our fears, bring forth earthly change in the direction of our truest desires, within air, and the duality of The Twins (Gemini). Here, if haven't completely let go of those old patterns of conditioning, we can BE of TWO MINDS, talking ourselves into/out of anything in a moment of Time. Be decisive, share your knowledge, and listen to the knowledge of others to carry you forth even further.
YOD #3: Points to Pluto (Empowerment vs. power and control over) in Capricorn (!) from Venus (our Desire Body) in Gemini, learning to work with Ceres (Nurturance) AND the North Node Rx (direction our Souls wish to head for further evolution) both within the fixed fire sign of LEO:
- After dealing with our Emotional Body and Desire Body's old patterns of conditioning in the first two Yods, we look for ways to create win-win outcomes, empowering one another despite our earthly fears, as we gather the information/data we desire from one another AND look for / give nurturance as we learn to evolve our Soul-self in the direction of the HEART. This, simply, is the ultimate goal. Cool!
- With Leo, if we're coming from the heart, we're operating from our true heart's / soul's desire; if we're coming from the mind, there could be some Ego-self need to manipulate to create power and control over a situation, person or environment. For some, this means I'll nurture or go forward as long is there's something in it for me! Leo asks for heartfelt leadership within a team environment, with compassion. Then we ALL share the creative heart, and receive the love created accordingly.
- Ceres brings forth our need for nurturing people and situations and environments. Ceres reminds us of HOW we were nurtured as children and how/where we look for nurturance now as adults. Is it only mindful or heartfelt? Any changes required, perhaps due to a critical or abusive inner voice that keeps bullying us to stay within the dark? Something to let go of.
I realize this has been a LONG post - it surprised me too! As I wrote this post, we are still within the Full Moon phase. Liz Greene included the following quote from Alice A. Bailey, Esoteric Astrology creator, in the frontispiece of her book on Saturn. Take from it what you will:
"When the disciple knows Saturn as the God who offers opportunity and does not only feel him to be Deity who brings disaster, then he/she is on the path of discipleship in truth and in deed and not just theoretically."Namaste
PS I added all the her/she as the text was written in 1976 and we are now in 2018. LRR
Posted by: Laurie Rae Rezanoff - Astrologer | Teacher | Writer | Speaker
Photo Credits: April/May 2018 Sheep River and area, Okotoks, AB Canada + Gibbous and Full Moons April 28/29, 2018 by Laurie Rae Rezanoff